The Silver Hills Motel was the first motel in Tasmania (1953) to serve the growing mining and tourist industry and is conveniently located on the Lyell Highway, the main arterial road to, from and through the town. It is short 700m stroll to the main street, shops, pubs, museum and train station.
Queenstown is a great location with easy access to Strahan, Cradle Mountain, Derwent Bridge and Lake St Clair and everything in between.
Things to see in and around Queenstown
- The Western Wilderness
- Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake
- West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Gordon River Cruises
- Underground Mine Tours
- Galley Museum (re-live our history)
- Fantastic Fishing Area's
- Numerous Drives and Walks
- Visit our famous gravel Football Oval (only one in Australia)
- Breathtaking views
- Experience the wildlife
- And many many more!
Activities in Queenstown
There is much to do and see in and around Queenstown.
- Canoeing on the lakes
- Swimming in either the pool or a lake
- Fishing (some beautiful spots)
- Bushwalks (to many to mention)
- Sandboarding in Strahan
Visit: www.westcoast.tas.gov.au for more information.